WIN Middle School Program Referral Information
- The mainstream school will typically refer a student to one of the programs. A referral is appropriate if a student is not successful in the mainstream school due to emotional or behavioral struggles and the team determines the student needs a more restrictive setting.
- The mainstream school will provide background information in addition to current interventions and data.
- Students must meet the Minnesota criteria for special education, and have a current evaluation upon attending one of the programs. The evaluation report must include a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA).
- Students remain in the WIN Program for varying lengths of time. Each student situation receives individual planning, which determines the most appropriate program to meet student needs.
- There is no fee for students to attend this program